Setting the table for Christmas - a wonderful tradition and a chance to show off your most-loved Christmas table sets and traditions. Or for some, a welcome opportunity to be yourself and show off your personality with an eclectic mix. However you choose to celebrate the season, let Wedgwood inspire your Christmas dinner table with our guide to Christmas table setting.
Christmas Table Setting Ideas for the Festive Season
Pick your Christmas dinner table style
Wedgwood has been crafting timeless traditions since 1759, with our traditional blue and white Jasperware inspiring classic Christmas color schemes for centuries. However, we also lean into bold color, creativity, curiosity and eclecticism. Whatever your style is, at Wedgwood we have Christmas table setting inspiration for you – show us your individual way.
For a traditional Christmas table setting
If your Christmas time is spent appreciating the nostalgia of tradition, perhaps a traditional Christmas dinner table setting is for you.
Keep it classic with an understated Christmas pattern – Winter White mixes seamlessly with Intaglio for a traditional white-as-snow Christmas look.
Embrace traditional Christmas colors with Renaissance Red and Renaissance Gold – featuring a rich color scheme of classic red, gold and blue, it’s a perfect fit. The Florentine accent dinner plates make it easy to create a polished and elegant Christmas table setting.
For a modern mix & match Christmas table setting
Bright colors and eye-catching patterns are also a welcome addition to your Christmas dinner party. After all, life’s too short to be black and white.
- Choose a dinner set such as Intaglio to act as the foundation. With an understated geometric pattern, it is the ideal base for mixing and matching.
- Add bold side plates that layer effortlessly atop a base of white – Renaissance Gold and Hibiscus both feature beautiful blue and gold patterns.
- If you prefer to venture outside of blues and golds when mixing and matching, explore Wonderlust for bold and playful patterns – with over six patterns you could pick a plate design per place setting.
Think about your Christmas table centerpiece
The Christmas table centerpiece can be just as important as the table set itself. Beautiful vases with seasonal blooms are wonderful for adding a focal point, while leaving enough space for the mouth-watering serving platters and trays.
Add a magical dash of Wedgwood blue and white with a Magnolia Blossom vase.
- If you love our iconic Jasperware but prefer to embrace an organic color palette, explore Jasper Folia vases - available in a range of shapes and neutral color shades.
- For a little something extra, create that cosy Christmas feeling in your dining room by shopping candles and votives to add mood lighting.
Serve up in style with serving platters and trays
Our four rules are essential for the festive season - Indulge, Create, Be Yourself and (most importantly) Entertain. As such, serveware is an essential part of any Christmas table setting.
- Add beautiful serving bowls filled with delicious Christmas delights – place your roast potatoes and root vegetables on to the Christmas table, ready to serve and share
- Serving trays and serving platters are an excellent way to create a stunning centerpiece for your Christmas table. Stack these bold serveware items with delicious festive foods
Choose the perfect glassware to match your Christmas dinner
Explore our champagne flute toasting sets that come in a variety of styles to match your traditional or contemporary Christmas table settings.
A little extra Christmas table setting inspiration
Once you have your dinner sets, glassware and beautiful table décor, consider how else you can bring the Christmas season into your Christmas dinner table setting. After all, this dinner isn’t like any other day of the year.
- Add little touches to your table that are reminiscent of the Christmas holiday season, from sprigs of pine to decorative winter berries.
- Embrace the colors of the season when choosing the tablecloth and include festive napkins to add to your perfect Christmas table setting – if your dinner set is a classic white, use a red or green table cloth as the backdrop.
- And for an added touch of opulence, add taper candles in beautiful gold holders