Typically the dinner menu at Christmas includes a roast dinner with all the trimmings, and tea and coffee is usually something to be enjoyed after the main meal. At Royal Albert we love a good tea party, and at Christmas, we LOVE a Christmas afternoon tea! Discover how to delight and amaze this Christmas, with recipe and menu ideas for a sweet Christmas themed tea party.
Creating a Christmas Themed Afternoon Tea
Embrace all the delights of Christmas
Begin planning your Christmas afternoon tea by first picking the teaware and table theme. The easiest way to make it festive, is to choose a teaware pattern that oozes Christmas and gives off all the festive feels.
- Our Old Country Roses collection blends traditional teaware with the spirit of Christmas for an easy theme
- Christmas afternoon tea needs sweet treats! The serving platter or plates from this collection reveal a delightful Christmas tree underneath once all the food has gone
- Add elements of Christmas in the décor – fresh pine sprigs, cranberries, or Christmas-colored flowers can all add the finishing touches to the perfect Christmas themed tea setting
Choose the perfect time for Christmas Afternoon Tea
Now for the important part… after you’ve decided on the theme and the time, it’s time to focus on the tea.
- You could embrace the traditions of British afternoon tea by serving English Breakfast with a splash of milk, or Earl Grey with a slice of lemon
- Feeling super festive? Choose a Christmas themed tea flavor with notes of orange and cinnamon… our friends at Wedgwood might be able to help with that
- The teapots and tea cups you choose to serve in will make the tea even better. Fine bone china will always delight and our 100 Years collection adds all the decadence
Satisfy your sweet tooth
Finally, it wouldn’t be the Christmas season without a generous serving of sweet treats. Afternoon tea is the perfect opportunity to get the cake stand out, and display beautiful patterns finished with delicious desserts.
- The Friendship collection by Miranda Kerr is not typically Christmassy, but the cake stand is beautiful, and can be part of a very pink Christmas celebration
- Perhaps choose a pastel palette for your Christmas afternoon tea and surprise your guests with light colored macaroons and pink drinks
- The gold banding on the Miranda Kerr for Royal Albert mugs and side plates add a dash of decadence, which is perfect for any Christmas themed afternoon tea