When most people think of the Christmas table they imagine mouth-watering roast dinners and scrumptious savoury food, however, at Royal Albert we know better than to overlook the sweet moments! In our latest guide we look at the Christmas dessert table, and how to set a fantastic one for the festive season.
Benefit Bar Title
Guide to setting the perfect Christmas dessert table
Getting started – pick a theme for your Christmas dessert table
Like any good Christmas table setting, begin by picking a theme. We have patterns galore for you to choose from - try Old Country Roses for a festive twist, Miranda Kerr’s Friendship Collection for pretty in pink, or 100 Years of Royal Albert for a cottagecore blend of nostalgic patterns.
Whatever pattern you decide on, you’ll need the following to get started:
- Planning a busy table for Christmas? Grab all the trimmings and shop dinner sets for everything you’ll need – plates, cups, bowls, teapots all in a pattern of your choosing.
- If you prefer the cottagecore blend of patterns, shop plate sets to mix and match with your current tableware.
- Whether you’re serving ice cream or cake, you’ll need a bowl set – shop the Old Country Roses set of four and add to your current OCR tea collection
How to serve your sweet treats and Christmas desserts
Once you’ve picked your Christmas dessert table theme, it’s time to move on to the most important part… what sweet treats you’ll be serving.
- Baking a delicious Christmas fruit cake? Display it proudly on a fantastically floral 1-tier cake stand.
- Of course you’ll need to be ready to serve it up in style – shop Cake Knives and Servers for the perfect finish.
- Cupcakes are ideal for easy sharing, plus it means you can bake a variety of flavours for your guests – a 3-tier cake stand is a wonderful way to showcase these little delights.
- Perhaps you’re opting for a selection of biscuits, macaroons and scones? Use a platter or tray to easily display these little treats.
Make it a festive afternoon tea
Now your theme is picked, and the sweet treats are chosen, there’s only one thing left… tea! And while we’re talking Christmas dessert table ideas, be sure to not overlook the importance of a festive tea party.
- Hot tea is the perfect accompaniment to dessert, as such, be sure to get yourself a teapot for stylish serving.
- Serving tea at the end of the meal? Shop our 3 Piece Tea Sets, which come complete with a sugar bowl and creamer.
- Don’t forget your cups and saucers – tea is made even more special when sipped from a fine bone china teacup.
Extra little touches for Christmas dessert table setting
With all the yummy treats baked and the pretty serveware laid out, be sure to add in a few extra touches for a festive nod to the season.
- Add flowers in vases with seasonal accents, such as pine sprigs or holly berries.
- Choose a traditional Christmas colour scheme when icing cakes, or picking the table cloth.
- Make it just that little bit cozier with the warm glow of fairy lights or candles on the table.
Be sure to share your inspiring Christmas dessert tables with the Royal Albert community on Instagram. Tag @royalalbertengland and hashtagMyRoyalAlbertChristmas for a chance to be featured.