Our iconic Old Country Roses pattern has been gracing afternoon tea parties for 60 years, but did you know it’s also a favorite for weddings? Achieve your perfect cottagecore inspired wedding aesthetic with ease, with Old Country Roses.
Royal Albert’s guide to the perfect cottagecore wedding
Here we explore how you can create a cottagecore themed wedding with Royal Albert, and the iconic Old Country Roses pattern.
The Perfect Tableware for Cottagecore Weddings
To achieve the cottagecore wedding aesthetic, first begin with a collection of tableware that can take center-stage and effortlessly deliver the desired look and feel.
The Old Country Roses collection is lined with gold banding for a touch of wedding decadence, while the pattern is heavily inspired by fresh rose blooms found in an English country garden, making it the perfect starting point for a cottagecore themed wedding.
Enjoy Afternoon Tea at Your Cottagecore Themed Wedding
Enjoying afternoon tea as part of your wedding celebrations feels quintessentially cottagecore!
It’s the perfect way to incorporate a little cosiness into the occasion, and it’s often associated with the cottagecore theme, making it an easy way for you to achieve the cottagecore wedding aesthetic.
- With it’s curved shape, bright rose blooms and elegant gold banding, Old Country Roses teacups are perfect to add to any wedding afternoon tea.
- Or, discover our full range of teacups to mix and match for an afternoon tea setting that is unique to you! Cottagecore queens love to decorate with different teacup and teapot patterns – read more in our Cottagecore guide here.
- Afternoon tea might be a sweet treat, but you can also use it to serve delightful finger sandwiches and delicious scones – the Old Country Roses sandwich tray and cake stand are beautiful, and perfect for achieving an easy cottagecore look.
Adding the finishing touches to achieve the full Cottagecore Wedding aesthetic
Finally, after picking the perfect tableware and planning a delightfully decadent afternoon tea, be sure to think about the finishing touches that will complete the Cottagecore inspired wedding you’ve been dreaming of!
The cottagecore theme loves to embrace patterns, pastels and florals, so consider the following:
- Use jugs instead of vases to add a beautifully understated display of wild flowers throughout your table setting and venue – the Old Country Roses large jug is perfect for this.
- Get creative by using edible flowers on food and in drinks as decoration. It’s a simple way to add dainty decorations that guests will love.
- Add pastels and color accents to your cottagecore themed wedding through taper candles, colored glassware or patterned napkins.