Dinner parties are the perfect opportunity to express your own style and embrace the Art of Entertaining. With autumn finally upon us, it’s a welcome time to show off your personality and unique taste through pumpkin table décor and autumn inspired centrepieces. Let us help inspire your autumn table decorations with our guide for the season.
Benefit Bar Title
Wedgwood's Guide to Autumnal Table Setting
Let seasonal colours inspire your autumn table decorations
Using seasonal decorations and elegant tableware, invite your friends and family to experience a table setting filled with effortless sophistication. To begin, think about building your table setting around the centrepieces and decoration.
- The warm colours of autumn provide an ideal colour palette. Pumpkins, plants or dried flowers all provide wonderful centrepiece inspiration as autumn table decorations.
- With the orange and yellow colours providing the pop of colour, try using a simple and sleek tableware set, our Gio collection provides a wonderful element of natural tactility to accompany the organic décor.
- Compliment the rich colours of autumn with a blank canvas of white – explore our selection of white tableware.
Traditional vs contemporary for autumn table setting
For Traditional table décor:
- Opt for a rich colour that acts as the hero. Red and gold is a timeless combination that maintains a feeling of luxury – feel inspired by our Renaissance Red collection.
- Pair the striking pattern and colour from the accent plates with flawless, crystalline drinkware.
- Keep all place settings and napkins the same to maintain an elegant consistency.
If your style personality is more cool and contemporary:
- Use a mix of patterns and motifs on your dinner plates for a maximalist and exciting look.
- Bold patterned serving platters can add charming contrast to the centre of a table, really helping the delicious foods come to life.
- Don’t be afraid to explore cooler colours and shades that fall outside of the seasonal norm. Colours from the food can add an element of warmth.
Elevate with autumn-inspired table centrepieces
- If your style is simplistic and chic, add a couple of vases of fresh flowers with neutral tones.
- To add a little warmth, use mini pots as tealight holders and scatter them throughout the table setting for a warm fall glow.
- To fully embrace the season, perhaps you want to experiment with the theme of Halloween table ideas - add pumpkins. A local market or pumpkin patch will have a range of sizes, shapes and colours, to convey an authentic and organic feel to your table. Pumpkin table décor is a true staple of the season.