Are your friends and family going for glitz, glam and sparkle with champagne, oysters and glittery baubles? Or are you keeping it cosy and chill by settling down in your Christmas jumper in front of the fireplace with a mulled wine? While there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t combine the best of both worlds, choosing the ‘right’ pieces for your Christmas dinner table sets the tone for your Christmas night for reuniting with your family and friends.
The perfect Christmas dining table with a twist
Mix and match your Christmas dinner table’s design
Create a unique and flamboyant Christmas table by ripping up the rule book and mixing and matching patterned and plain china with brightly coloured accessories to bring joy and an unexpected twist to any festive occasion.
- Starting from a base of white china (like Intaglio) and mixing with different patterned plates or bowls (Renaissance Gold and Anthemion Blue in this case), mix with what you may already own.
- Alternatively, why not borrow your Aunty’s special serving bowl that only comes out at special times of the year?
- Add that extra special touch of magic with some key items from our Winter White collection, which feature delicately detailed festive motifs.
- Bring to the mix a brighter pop of colour with vibrant napkins and florals.
Tips for setting the perfect table this Christmas
Setting the perfect Christmas dinner table is an art in itself, and really plays a part in setting the theme and vibe for your special day. According to Wedgwood's Christmas survey, British people will invest more time on a family Christmas dinner this year than on other Christmas related activities and therefore many might want to invest some extra time in getting that perfect dinner table. We have collected some tips for inspiration when creating your perfect Christmas dining table setting:
- Keep it classic, festive and wintery with our Winter White Christmas Collection
- Add stunning pops of colour and intricate patterning you can use all-year-round with our Wonderlust Collection
- Keep it simple with the crisp whites of our Intaglio Collection
- Embrace neo-classical Grecian shapes and designs with our Anthemion Blue Collection
- Sip from sumptuous gold-gilded cups using our Renaissance Gold Collection
- Add wildflowers, greenery or candles to your table with White Folia
- Keep it simple, sweet and absolutely iconic with classic Wedgwood Magnolia Blossom pieces