Dinner parties are the perfect opportunity to express your own style and embrace the Art of Entertaining. With the fall season finally upon us, it’s a welcome time to show off your personality through inspiring thanksgiving table décor and fall inspired decorations. Let us help inspire your autumnal tablescapes with our guide to fall table setting.
Wedgwood's Guide to Fall Table Settings
Let autumnal colors inspire your fall table decorations
Using seasonal decorations and elegant dinnerware, invite your friends and family to experience a table setting filled with effortless sophistication. To begin, think about building your table around the centerpieces and other decorations.
- The warm colours of fall provide an ideal colour palette, with pumpkins, plants or dried flowers all providing wonderful centerpiece inspiration as fall table decorations.
- With the orange and yellow colours providing the autumnal pop of colour, try using a simple and sleek dinner set. Our Gio collection provides a wonderful element of natural tactility, while being a blank canvas of white to complement the rich colours.
- Compliment the rich colours of fall with a blank canvas of white – explore our selection of white dinnerware.
Traditional vs contemporary for Thanksgiving table setting
For Traditional table décor:
- Opt for a rich color that acts as the hero. Red and gold is a timeless combination that maintains a feeling of luxury – feel inspired by our Renaissance Red collection.
- Pair the striking pattern and color from the accent plates with flawless, crystalline drinkware for an elegant contrast.
- Keep all place settings the same to maintain an effortless consistency for Thanksgiving table décor.
If your style personality is more cool and contemporary:
- For a maximalist Thanksgiving table setting, use a mix of patterns and motifs on your dinner plates.
- Bold patterned serving platters can add charming contrast to the center of a table, really helping the delicious foods come to life.
- Don’t be afraid to explore cooler colors and shades that fall outside of the seasonal norm. Colors from the food can add the element of warmth.
Elevate with fall inspired décor
- If your style is simplistic and chic, add a couple of vases of fresh flowers with neutral tones.
- To add a little warmth, use mini pots as tealight holders and scatter them throughout the table setting for a warm fall glow.
- To fully embrace the season, whether it’s Thanksgiving or Halloween, add pumpkins. A local market or pumpkin patch will have a range of sizes, shapes and colors, to convey an authentic and organic feel to your table.