The last hurrah of the year, prepare to celebrate a New Year’s Eve like no other. Let Wedgwood inspire your New Year’s Eve parties at home with a generous serving of creativity, curiosity and colour.
5 Tips for Throwing a New Years Eve Party at Home
Early planning is key to your New Year’s party success
A New Year’s Eve party doesn’t need to be a grand affair, it can be an opportunity to sit down for an intimate gathering with a delicious spread of food. For an occasion like this, consider the following:
If you would like your New Year’s Eve celebration to be a mixture of mingling and canapes, consider planning for a Cocktail Party at home this New Year’s. For this, you’ll need:
- An elegant array of drinkware to cater for your guests’ varied drinks choices; a range of wine glasses, tumblers and champagne glasses should fit the bill.
- Rather than a sit-down meal, serve small dishes and canapes in stylish bowls and on colourful serving platters.
- For an eclectic spread, mix size, colour and shape of serving dishes.
Get the New Year’s party menu right
Whether it’s a sit-down meal or a rotation of canapes, make sure the menu hits the spot.
- Choose small appetizers such as sandwiches, bruschetta and savoury pastries – pick from sandwich trays or smaller square dishes to display depending on the size of the food.
- If the plan is to sit-down for a three-course meal to reminisce over the past year, consider a traditional English roast dinner as the main course, where you can use large serving bowls and vegetable dishes to showcase and share the food.
- Finally, be sure to not overlook the sweet elements! Small desserts such as mousses, mini cheesecakes and fruit tarts can all be displayed on an eye-catching cake stand.
Elevate your New Year’s Eve cocktails
From martinis to mocktails, let us inspire your New Year’s Eve party drink ideas. At Wedgwood we have a beautiful selection of drinkware to make your beverages truly sparkle.
Popping the champagne
A key staple of the New Year’s Eve party is the moment the champagne is popped. For this you will want to sip from elegant champagne glasses to give your celebrations an air of cool sophistication.
- For modern aesthetics, toast with the Vera Wang Metropolitan Champagne Flutes.
- For a more traditional style, our Simply Wish Toasting Flutes with a long stem and rounded bowl ooze classic elegance.
- If you would like to add a little extra flair, the Vera Wang Love Always and Vera Wang Love Knots both raise a toast with a little extra pizzazz.
And finally, remember it is all in the details
If someone is visiting your home for a New Year’s Eve party, consider the finer details to add a dash of luxury to their evening.
- Add beautiful vases with floral displays to elevate the setting.
- Light candles throughout your home for a relaxed ambience, or add tapered candles in holders to your dining table for an opulent feel.
- Take advantage of beautifully patterned nibble bowls and add indulgent snacks throughout your lounge and dining areas for your guests to enjoy.