They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so that must make brunch a close second. If you’re planning on hosting a brunch for your friends and family, here’s some steps to follow to make it a stress-free occasion to share.
Benefit Bar Title
How to create the perfect brunch table setting
Step 1: Decide which food to serve on your brunch menu
Sharing food is a great way to get the conversation flowing, so choose a menu that you will delight in serving to your lucky guests.
- Keep it continental with a delicious selection of pastries, cakes, toast and jams, a simple way to serve brunch if you have a sweet tooth.
- For the British experience, prepare a full English breakfast, complete with bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, black pudding, cooked tomatoes and toast.
Step 2: Lay out your best tableware and serveware
To make your food shine and look even more delicious, serve your brunch menu on your favourite patterned tableware.
- For your food to do all the talking, layer your table with a simple textured pattern such as Gio or Intaglio.
- Express your personality by mixing and matching different tableware patterns to add interesting colour and bold pattern to your table. One of our favourite collections to mix is Florentine Turquoise with Renaissance Gold to create a decadent tabletop.
- Use tiered cake stands, sandwich trays and serving platters to add depth to your brunch table setting.
Step 3: Don’t forget about the drinks menu
- Brunch is the perfect excuse to bring out your favourite teapot and serve a drop of your favourite tea in teacups and saucers.
- Whether you’re planning to serve a classic English breakfast tea, zesty Earl Grey or a fruit-infused herbal tea, remember to add enough bags (or loose leaves) to the pot for the number of people you are serving.
- Looking for something a little stronger? Mimosas served in champagne flutes make for an extra special bubbly treat at brunch time.
Step 4: Decorate the brunch table
Step 5: Have a good time!
Wedgwood’s top tips for organising a stress-free brunch
- Plan ahead – From the food to the table setting, be sure to have an idea of how your brunch table will look.
- Keep it simple – Your brunch table doesn’t have to be elaborate for it to be a delight for all to enjoy.
- Pick your favourites – Show off your individual way and serve what you want to eat to make it an enjoyable brunch.
- Make it intimate – Invite only your closest friends and family members to keep it a small, warm and friendly meal.