The smell of pine needles and the glow of warm Christmas lights… the festivities have officially arrived when the Christmas tree goes up.
How to Decorate Your Christmas Tree & Make It Sparkle
At Wedgwood we embrace all the magic the holiday season has to offer. From the bustle of hosting and entertaining, to the quiet, reflective moments with those nearest and dearest. Decorating a Christmas tree is one of those magical moments that invites a feeling of nostalgia. And while it’s lovely to embrace the traditions of years gone by, it’s also wonderful to add a sprinkling of contemporary style and colour.
Let us help to inspire you this Christmas with Christmas tree decorating ideas from Wedgwood. Find out how to elevate your Christmas tree with colour schemes, beautiful décor and timeless treasures.
Decide on a Christmas tree colour scheme
At Wedgwood we are known for our iconic blue and white jasper-inspired decorations, so of course we appreciate the importance of a traditional Christmas tree colour scheme. However, we also embrace creativity, bold colour and eclectism at Wedgwood.
Decorating your Christmas tree is the perfect way to show off your individual way, and let your personality shine through. Contemporary, classic or a mix of both – it’s up to you. Get inspired:
- Red and green are classic Christmas tree decorating colours to style with, accented by metallic palettes of gold or silver. The new Wild Strawberry baubles compliment this style effortlessly.
- Cool blue and white is suitable for the sleek and modern home, and draws inspiration from a blanket of white, crisp snow on Christmas morning. Mix the white and blue of a Wedgwood Christmas ornament with more contemporary pieces for a unique Christmas tree.
Decorate your Christmas tree with a mix of old and new
At Wedgwood we embrace the art of code-mixing, and this even applies to ‘How to decorate a Christmas tree’. In the same way we encourage you to find your individual style through colour and shape, we invite you to mix old trinkets and nostalgic Christmas ornaments with new decorations, to show off your personality.
- Start a special, new tradition and buy one new ornament each year to add to your Christmas tree. Begin building your Jasper-inspired Wedgwood collection now, each year introducing a new dash of blue and white magic.
- The Renaissance Gold Christmas bauble set is new for 2021. Embracing the traditional bauble shape, and featuring a classic Christmas tree colour of gold and blue, they will mix perfectly with your current decorations and timeless ornaments that have been handed down over the years.
Hang Christmas tree decorations to commemorate milestones
We’re sure you would agree that every celebration requires a little Wedgwood blue. A milestone year or a first Christmas - share heartfelt memories with timeless treasures to last a lifetime. Decorate your Christmas tree to celebrate and commemorate those important annual moments.
- Celebrate their first festive season with the new Christmas Baby's First Ornament for 2021 - a white porcelain polar bear wearing a pink scarf with matching nose, also available in blue.
- Commemorate your first festive season as a couple with the Our First Christmas Ornament 2021 – a beautiful wreath featuring two birds, finished with a 2021 plaque to remember the special year.
Wedgwood making Christmas magical since 1759.