When it comes to your wedding day, every detail matters, and that includes what tableware and decorations you use for your wedding table setting. We’ve created an inspirational table setting guide to help you plan your dream wedding table setting.
How to style your wedding table setting the Wedgwood way
Choose a theme or colour pallete for your wedding table
White foundations with a splash of colourUse a base layer of white fine bone china (such as Gio) to create striking contrast in your wedding table setting. Layer your favourite patterns and colours on top of this base layer to add a daring splash of colour and character.
White and goldA traditional colour pairing, a white and gold wedding table setting can be taken to the next level with extra colour accents, such as the cobalt blues of Renaissance Gold or Lace Gold by Vera Wang, or by adding stunning centrepieces such as Magnolia Blossom.
Bridgerton themedCreate a table bathed in Wedgwood blue, our iconic colour that inspired the sets and costumes of Bridgerton. Collections such as Magnolia Blossom, Renaissance Gold, Hibiscus and Florentine Turquoise will add this timeless blue to your wedding table setting.
How to set your wedding table
There are many things to consider when creating your wedding table setting. Here are just a few suggestions on how to set your wedding table in Wedgwood style:
- Mix and match plate shapes and sizes: Use a variety of dinner plates, side plates, chargers and platters to create an interesting look on your table. Mix round plates, octagonal plates and square trays for that extra eclectic touch. Read our guide to plate shapes and sizes to help you in creating the perfect table setting.
- Don’t forget the drinkware: If you’re serving your favourite bubbly, then crystal champagne flutes will elevate your wedding table setting. Or if afternoon tea is more your style, consider laying your table with teacup and saucers and teapots filled with your favourite flavoured tea.
- Stunning floral centrepieces: Create showstopping centrepieces for your wedding tables by filling vases with fresh, seasonal blooms. Read our guide on vase shapes and sizes to learn how to get the most from your vases.
How to accent your wedding table with décor pieces
A wedding table setting can be elevated to the next level by creating stunning wedding table centrepieces. Here are a few suggestions to help inspire your own showstopping centrepieces:
- Fine bone china and Jasperware vases: Add beautiful texture and colour to your tables with Jasperware, such as our Jasper Folia vases and Magnolia Blossom vases. Or, create an unforgettably luxurious centrepiece with our fine bone china Hummingbird vases.
- Keep it light with candles: Candles are a great way to add mesmerising natural light and accents of colour to your wedding table centrepiece. Filled candles, tealight holders and lithophanes are perfect for adding candlelight to your table.
- Statement bowls: Fill a fine bone china statement bowl or sculptural bowl with pot pouri or fresh flowers for a simply lush centrepiece.